- RSS Channel Showcase 1597820
- RSS Channel Showcase 3313105
- RSS Channel Showcase 8624280
- RSS Channel Showcase 5494021
Articles on this Page
- 01/11/14--09:46: _The Longest Day – P...
- 02/03/14--09:49: _Wanna Feel Kinda Sm...
- 02/10/14--15:15: _Say What??? Southe...
- 03/14/14--17:47: _What’s Up with Wats...
- 08/24/14--19:56: _My Boomer Baby: Mee...
- 08/16/16--20:11: _Zentangle Diva Chal...
- 02/10/14--15:15: Say What??? Southeast Asia Signs
- 03/14/14--17:47: What’s Up with Wats in Chiang Mai, Thailand?
- 08/24/14--19:56: My Boomer Baby: Meet Mr. Excitement
As my Boomeresque Facebook friends know, ever since we returned from New Mexico in October, I’ve been mostly consumed by planning our trip to Southeast Asia and Hawaii. Some 32 years ago, I had the dumb luck good fortune to marry someone who gets to travel to warm interesting places as part of his job. [...]
Our visit to the Elephant Nature Park, 60 kilometers from Chiang Mai in northern Thailand, was replete with wonderful photo opportunities. At one point, I carefully aligned my camera to take a photo of my husband Steve (a/k/a Mr. Excitement) and was somewhat annoyed when his fake smile disappeared and he became a little agitated, [...]
Warning: Do not read this if you are consuming a beverage which you do not want to see coming out your nose. Even for those of us who love to travel, getting around in countries where we don’t speak the language and often can’t even read the alphabet, can be stressful. As Southeast Asia has [...]
Our 40 hour marathon trip from Philadelphia ended in Chiang Mai, a small city in northern Thailand. After a decent night’s sleep in a real bed and a slow morning, we set off to find out what’s up with wats in this former capital of the ancient Lanna empire. (I was on the fence about [...]
Friends and relatives Readers who have been following this blog know that my husband, frequently appears in my blog posts as “Mr. Excitement”. I hope new readers will continue to somehow find themselves at Boomeresque, so I think Mr. Excitement finally deserves an introductory blog post. (Especially because I’ve already written two about Dino — our dog.) [...]
We’ve been sweltering under an excessive heat warning here in the northeastern United States. I’m hunkered down in Brigantine, a New Jersey beach town where it’s supposed to be cooler than my home town, Philadelphia. However, with a heat index of 110 degrees Fahrenheit (43 degrees Celsius) even at the ocean’s edge, escaping “down the [...]